The top one is Mary Wallace taking his pic! :) I said "Hey can I take your picture with brother-and she ran to get her camera-excuse the crazy hair!
Sorry that it's been so long since I posted-we've been trying to find our groove around here! Things are wonderful. We came home on the 10th, Mary Wallace turned 2 on the 14th and I have struggled with second baby guilt A LOT in the last 12 days! I'm really trying to give her 1 on 1 time while he is napping and I try to catch a nap when they are both napping! :)
I can't believe that Preston Banks was 1 month old on Saturday and will be home for 2 weeks as of Wednesday. Time flies when we are having fun! Mary Wallace is enjoying having "baby bwover" home. She LOVES to show anyone and everyone his room, sometimes multiple times. She thinks that it's the funniest thing when he "opens eyes"-in most of the pictures she saw he had his eyes closed-so she thinks it's the greatest when he opens them when she is crawling on top of him in the bouncy seat or climbing on the side of the bassinet to "see him"! The hardest part for her is when I'm feeding him and then having to pump afterward (just call me Bessie the Cow because I have all of this milk). That's a long time for my now 2 year old to be patient! Preston Banks is a good Baby Wise baby (yes I wake a sleeping baby to feed him) and the NICU helped with that! Thanks ladies-you did the hard work. His last night time feed is around 10-10:30 he wakes up around 3 and them again between 6:30 or 7! He doing so great!
We went to the surgeon, Dr. Camps, today for a follow-up. He said that his lungs sound good. We will have a follow-up x-ray next month and then meet with Dr. Camps again to make sure that his diaphragm has healed and see how his lung is growing (My next post will have the before and after x-rays!) We meet with the pediatric pulmonologist Dr. Brown, our pediatrician Dr. Dodds, and have an ECHO on his heart next month. We also get another Synagis shot to help prevent RSV. We got the sermon before we left the NICU, no church, no Walmart, no large crowds, no malls, no being around germy people-you get the drift. The common cold for us could be really bad for Preston Banks and I don't want to go back to the hospital so we will follow the doctor's orders!! We are psycho about hand washing around here-please reschedule a visit if you or your kids are sick!~It's not that we don't love you or want to see you-we just can't have little man getting sick!
We can't thank you enough again for all that you have done and are still doing. Your cards, kind words, phone calls, text messages, gifts and meals continue to humble and overwhelm us and always come at just the right moment. We thank God for you-our family and friends. To Dennis and Donna (Daniel's youth soccer coach)-Daniel wanted to send a special thank you-your kindness is so appreciated & "Sting never quit!" and thanks for the picture!
YAY for the pictures!!! LOve you!!
ReplyDeleteAn update - yay! So glad you are all settling in and MW looks like the perfect big sister! And her hair is not messy - head over to my blog to see what crazy hair looks like!
ReplyDeleteI must say, that first outfit is just precious. Ha! Ha! I am glad ya'll are all still doing great. I love you all!!
ReplyDeleteHe is so precious! I just love you all so much!
ReplyDelete