...and the little one said Roll Over, Roll Over"-that's all my squirmy boy does these days. He can go from back to tummy easily but has done tummy to back only a few times. He's so fun to watch! This month has brought about a major growth spurt, consistently sleeping through the night (hooray), LOTS of drool, more smiles, and lots of coos. He is so funny tracking Mary Wallace as she moves about through the house and is less startled by her loud noises and being all up in his face! :) We made our first 'road trip' to Atlanta and he did great riding in the car, so great that we are going to the mountains next weekend for my family reunion. I took "2 babies" to the zoo for the first time. (Side bar-that's Mary Wallace's new thing-"Mommy you hold 2 babies?" meaning she wants me to hold her while I'm currently holding him! Or, "Mommy you take 2 babies outside?" Looking back, when we pray I often say how thankful I am that God has given me 2 babies! So that's where she's getting it!) Preston Banks has a few new nicknames Drooly Boy and Squirmy. The child is very laid back but is always turning his head to see what is going on or squirming around in your arms while you hold him. And when he's in the bouncy seat you MUST buckle both straps tightly or he will turn over and roll out (almost happened to me-just crown me Mother of the Year!)
Time is flying - I can't believe how quickly 4 months have passed. I long for a pause button for life right now. I love the ages of my babies and I LOVE to see them together. Mary Wallace is into helping change his diaper, helping push him in the stroller, rolling beside him on the floor to show him how to do it-and both of my babies are cuddle bugs, especially at night. They love to read books and sing songs-I often get misty eyed as I hear Mary Wallace singing 'mazing Grace or Jesus Loves Me. I love to hear her ask for "Don the Baptist" also known as John the Baptist or "Whale Swallowed Jonah" EVERY NIGHT when asked if there is a special bible story she would like to read. I love to hear her sing our bible verses or use character words that I think she will NEVER understand i.e. "Ok Mommy, I be patient for you" or "I sorry Mommy, I use kind words"...she is a little sponge right now and I love this teaching time.
These days baby Banks loves to coo, and I've found his tickle spot-just underneath his bottom rib-where is scar is! He's so precious! He squirms and does this cute cough/laugh when I tickle him. He just goes with the flow and is pretty laid back. He loves to sit in the Bumbo seat and is getting too long for the bouncy seat! Sometimes, it still feels like a dream...all that we went through, all that God has provided...but he has the scar to prove it-and I pray that I will never stop telling Preston Banks how God has already worked in his little life!
PS I failed to post that our meeting with the cardiologist went well. He did an EKG in his office and the hole in his heart is still there, however he doesn't have any signs of pulmonary hypertension (both clinically and through the EKG and ECHO) so we will go back to see him in July for a follow up ECHO to keep track of things. Please continue to pray that the hole will close on it's own.
Time is flying - I can't believe how quickly 4 months have passed. I long for a pause button for life right now. I love the ages of my babies and I LOVE to see them together. Mary Wallace is into helping change his diaper, helping push him in the stroller, rolling beside him on the floor to show him how to do it-and both of my babies are cuddle bugs, especially at night. They love to read books and sing songs-I often get misty eyed as I hear Mary Wallace singing 'mazing Grace or Jesus Loves Me. I love to hear her ask for "Don the Baptist" also known as John the Baptist or "Whale Swallowed Jonah" EVERY NIGHT when asked if there is a special bible story she would like to read. I love to hear her sing our bible verses or use character words that I think she will NEVER understand i.e. "Ok Mommy, I be patient for you" or "I sorry Mommy, I use kind words"...she is a little sponge right now and I love this teaching time.
These days baby Banks loves to coo, and I've found his tickle spot-just underneath his bottom rib-where is scar is! He's so precious! He squirms and does this cute cough/laugh when I tickle him. He just goes with the flow and is pretty laid back. He loves to sit in the Bumbo seat and is getting too long for the bouncy seat! Sometimes, it still feels like a dream...all that we went through, all that God has provided...but he has the scar to prove it-and I pray that I will never stop telling Preston Banks how God has already worked in his little life!
PS I failed to post that our meeting with the cardiologist went well. He did an EKG in his office and the hole in his heart is still there, however he doesn't have any signs of pulmonary hypertension (both clinically and through the EKG and ECHO) so we will go back to see him in July for a follow up ECHO to keep track of things. Please continue to pray that the hole will close on it's own.
No comments:
Post a Comment