Friday, August 27, 2010

The Sweet Tooth Strikes Again!




So, last week MW and I did quite a bit of baking. Awhile back, I purchased the book Pinkalicious...which I regret. The little girl is quite sassy in the book and I end up having to ad-lib most of it every time we read it. The trouble is, priss remembers how I "read it" last time and I don't! So that makes for interesting conversation, and she is obsessed with the book and all things pink so we better loose the book or find some memory for Mama. Anyway, she has been asking for pink cupcakes every time we read the book, so we decided to make pink cupcakes last Tuesday. They were yummy and she enjoyed sharing with friends. Then on Thursday, I had a chocolate attack so I made brownies and ate 3/4 of the pan in 24 hours. She enjoyed the two that she got to eat! She loves "ta-ko-late" like her Mama!
THEN, on Saturday we decided to practice with our cookies on a stick pan (the first go round they were HUGE because I put too much sugar cookie batter in the molds) so we made chocolate chip cookies (see above pics for how much she enjoyed the process!) The best part was when I pulled a spoon out of the drawer to drop the batter into the pan. MW busted out laughing and said "Mama, you can't use dat one! It's da spankin' spoon!" I about lost it, and tried to compose myself as I explained that wooden spoons are used for things other than when we disobey and need a spanking-you also must know that we have a spanking spoon upstairs, downstairs and in the car thanks to my friend Kathryn's advice! Anyway, the cookies on a stick were a bust. I put too much batter in the molds again AND I burnt them, but she didn't seem to mind. I love having time with her in the kitchen. It's a test of patience and I have to remember that we are going to have a HUGE mess every time, but when she said "This is so fun Mama-I love dis!" I was reminded of the importance of quality time and making special memories with her. Things always seem so busy with her little brother between nursing, diaper changes, outfit changes from yet another blow out etc...I know that I neglect time with her. I can't believe that she's 2 1/2 and growing up so fast-I'm going to hold on tight and enjoy every "sweet" minute! Thanks be to God for the gift of being a Mommy to my precious baby girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment