Monday, September 13, 2010

My little 7 month old







Oh how the time zips by...and I'm telling you, this baby boy is the sweetest baby. This month was marked by some pretty interesting events. I guess the saying "confession is good for the soul" is true, so here it goes. Poor "Banksie" (MW's new pet name for him), this month you rolled off of my bed, your sister bit your hand, pushed you over, and ran over you with her baby stroller...all for the first time. (I can assure you he's not rolling off of my bed again, as for his sister beating up on him, this is just the beginning!) The rolling off of the bed just about sent me into the crazy bin. I'll spare you the entire story, but his head was almost touching the headboard of my bed and he had pillows on either side, which he must have used to propel himself! And for those of you who know my little Mary Wallace, this aggressive behavior is NOT like her at all! Needless to say, we have had lots of chats about using a gentle touch, what it means to show others God's love by how we treat them and using SELF CONTROL with our voice and our body! If I say MW in Titus 2:12 the bible tells us"God wants us to use self control even with our (voice, hands, feet etc)" one more time...I think I'll record it and just press play! The irony in it all is that she confesses and even told on herself (she said Mommy lemmie show you somethin'. I bump bumped on brother!) I think that God speaks to her with a guilty conscience (which she gets from me and I pray that He continues to speak to her in that way!) So, I praise her for her honesty and punish her for her wrong doings...Such is the life of training up these precious children right???!!! I wouldn't trade my job for the world!


On a different note, our Little Buddy was 16 lb 12oz at our doctor's visit this past month! His two bottom teeth are poking through and he continues to drool like a mad man! We are starting to get some "mmmmmmaa" especially when he's tired or whining but he mostly babbles dada and makes vowel sounds. Man it's so different having a boy! MW was babbling up a storm at this age and he's just smiley and chill but very active. His hands and feet are ALWAYS in constant motion (maybe a little ADHD from his Daddy is already kicking in!) He has started giving me a real fit when he's eating baby food. I am really earning my keep now-too bad I can't get paid to work with him. (For those of you who don't know, I'm see a few kids for feeding issues once a week!) It's frustrating and cute all at the same time. He bites his bottom lip and turns his head in the complete opposite direction. The faster I try to get the spoon to that side, the faster he shakes his head! Then we stop, he smiles, I sneak in a bite, and we do it all over again! I officially bought him some therapy tools so let's hope I can work on his eating before he makes me crazy!


I feel like we are a little more settled now...like our routine is set and life as a family of 4 is good. It's good and bad though, because sometimes in feeling settled I don't trust God the way that I should. I don't pray as expectantly as I do when things are unsettled and I don't like that about me. I feel like a lot of our friends and their families are hurting right now and I want God to show me how to minister to them, even if I have two kids in tow! I have much to learn and to be thankful for-and I'm going to go to sleep tonight, thanking God for all that He has give me!

1 comment:

  1. loved hearing all the sweet Banks is doing( look, i did it, i just said, "Banks"):) Don't feel bad about the rolling off the bed...something like that never happened with Cort, Cohen has done it twice!!( yep, i apparently didn't learn my lesson) and just this morning he flipped out of his chair at the kitchen table - he has a great shiner from that one!! Mother of the year award all around!!!

    ReplyDelete