Yesterday we went back to the doctor for another ultrasound (33 1/2 weeks). There was no change in baby Preston Banks' status which is good news to us! My amniotic fluid is still very "normal" and he passed an ultrasound "Screening test". They check his movements (he is QUITE the mover and I knew he would pass with flying colors!) and then they were checking to see if he was practicing breathing (as he should be) in utero for at least 30 seconds...and he did! I go back again on the 28th for another ultrasound where they will measure his growth-I'm VERY anxious to see how big he is...he was 4lb 7oz at 32 weeks...I think I'm gonna have a big boy on my hands!
Please continue to pray for the following:
-that Preston Banks' lungs will develop and that his other organs will stay where they should
-for our meeting on the 30th with the NICU nurses and staff as well as the pediatric surgeon. I know that this will be a serious "reality check" for us as we discuss how everything could play out
-My OB wants to do an amnio around 35 weeks to check his lung proteins and for any possible chromosomal abnormalities...all stuff we want to know but it's overwhelming and frightening.
On a lighter note, Mary Wallace is VERY aware of my growing belly and will play "peek-a-boo" with baby brother in my belly and spontaneously pat my belly and kiss it...so precious to my heart. On Sunday she started calling him "Peston Banks" (no R) and not just baby brother-something she was not taught! She has also stolen a monkey lovie that my step-sister gave him. She refuses to let me give him a "bath" in the washing machine and will kindly tell me "Peston Banks monkey...I hold it!" Maybe she's just keeping him warm until he gets here...
The kids and I pray for you all everyday. Mary Wallace is going to be the best big sister! Love you all and here for anything you need.
ReplyDeleteContinuing to pray for you guys! Keep trusting the Lord and His promises! Love ya'll!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update - We will continue to pray! Merry Christmas to all of you - enjoy celebrating the wonderful gift God gave us in his son!
ReplyDeleteSo happy to see your blog! I had no idea about your sweet baby Preston! Will be praying for you guys! Hope you have the Merriest of Christmases!
ReplyDeleteI had no idea the struggles you have been facing throughout your pregnancy. I will pray for you and your precious family!
ReplyDelete