Tuesday, January 26, 2010

First Bottle!!

Well this has been quite a week of firsts...but that's tomorrow's post-TODAY, I got to feed Preston Banks his first bottle! Ashley called around 9:30 to say that they wanted to try at the 11am feed...so off I went because feeding him also means holding him! He did awesome-he took 15cc's (3/4) of his little bottle. He really did well-I got so excited I forgot everything I know about giving him jaw support etc...but I was loving every minute of it.

By the time I am able to get pictures up for this post, the chest tube will likely be out! Dr. Camps (the surgeon) said he would be back this afternoon to remove it! This means even more holding, a crib, and a move from "critical care" to "special care" are in our very near future!

So much to praise God for in the last 6 days...I am in awe of it all!

Mommy of a boy rookie mistake...keep it covered...he peed everywhere while I was changing his diaper!!! :) I guess I'll learn soon enough! And I couldn't be more excited!

1 comment:

  1. How excited you must be to have things going so well for Preston Banks. There is nothing greater than holding your baby in your arms. I continue to pray everyday and you have a little miracle in your family now. Love you girl.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete