Thursday, January 21, 2010

SUCCESSFUL!!!

This is Elizabeth, the proud Mommy of Preston Banks Fitts!! He is out of surgery and it was a success. Dr. Camps was able to repair the hernia without having to use a synthetic material...meaning that he was able to repair using his own diaphragm! Preston Banks remained stable throughout the surgery. They were so confident in him that they took him down to the Operating Room instead of operating in the NICU where all of the machines are. When Daniel and I FINALLY got the news from Dr. Camps and stopped to pray...all we could say is thank you...God has carried us through so much in the last 48 hours. I need to pump so that I can go SEE MY BABY BOY again! More updates later. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your prayers. THE Great Physician has performed yet another miracle in our little Preston Banks' life-I know God will continue to have big things in store for him, and use his life to glorify him. Daniel has been saying...you can't have a testimony without a "test". We have lots of God's miracles to tell.

"Being confident of this very thing, that HE who has begun a good work in you will COMPLETE it until the day of Jesus Christ." Philippians 1:6

10 comments:

  1. Praising the Lord with you and rejoicing in this miracle! Go see your baby boy and love all over him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! I'm so very thankful for your day today! What a great God we have! I will be praying for your recovery and his as well!! The right shoulder pain will get better...with time. It is most likely a side effect from the c-section. I had it after the boys and it is horrible:( It hurt worse than the incision and pain meds were barely touching it. I remember the discomfort it caused and the difficulty getting in a comfortable position. I am sure they have told you this by now and even explained it...I can't remember exactly...something about gas getting traped there from being open during surgery. There is a pathway from the abdominal cavity to the right shoulder area...and air (gas) rises:( Just wanted to let you know this is normal and it will get better, your body has to absorb the gas. I will pray for your comfort in this area specifically...it is quite painful for you. Get some rest and go love on that beautiful baby boy! Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strong and Courageous is your little tiger! Through your experience, you have shown me how to completely trust God with everything...no matter how big or small. God is the only one that knows His plan for us, but if I had to take a guess...I think that maybe his plan was using Preston Banks as a very special angel sent to earth to prove just how Amazing God is and bring more people closer to Him and strengthening Faith that may have already been in someone's heart...but they didn't know quite what to do with that Faith. Trust in the Lord and walk with Him! I can't wait to see you, Daniel, Mary Wallace and meet my sweet angel, "PAWS" Prayers Answered by Walking with our Savior

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great Elizabeth. Through God all things are possible and what an amazing display of Gods work through little Preston Banks. I am so happy that the operation was a success and know that he will continue to grow stronger in the days to come. You and Daniel have such an amazing faith and it has made me realize how God is in charge of everything. I continue to pray for yours and Preston Banks recovery. Love to you all.
    Michelle Feaster

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth-- I have been reading your blog, and I have been so touched!! You are such an inspiration and if more people could be like you I think the world could be a better place. Being pregnant with my first child now, I cried when I read the good news about your sweet little boy! I have been praying for you, and your family. My sister in law said that her shoulder hurt the worse during her C Section, so I hope this gets better! I haven't seen you for a long time, but I believe we are right down the road from each other! Hopefully I'll run into you again at the Target :) Please know how many people are thinking and praying for you all, and you truly are an awesome woman! Jessica Mann Brown

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elizabeth, Dan, Mary Wallace, and Preston Banks:

    We are so glad God has kept you peaceful and has had His hand over Preston Banks these last few weeks and especially days. You've all been in our prayers and we praised God tonight that everything has gone so well. We can't wait to meet sweet little Preston Banks!

    Love,
    Nick, Amanda, and Chloe O'Dell

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so happy for y'all! Dr. Camps ROCKS! He did Trey's mid-abdominal surgery and was so kind and helpful! Continued prayers for y'alls full recovery. Much love, Jerry, Allison & Trey

    ReplyDelete
  8. "For I know the plans for you declares the Lord..." I LOVE what Daniel said about "tests" and our testimony! So very true...... We LOVE you and hope all of you are doing well! Please get some much needed rest I KNOW you need! Let us know if you need anything....we are here! Reese was asking about MW and Mrs. Elizabeth today!! :) Lauren, Gregory and Reese

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are praying for Preston Banks and the entire Fitt's family for a complete and speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete